This is a list of the topics we have covered since the midterm.
The final questions can come from any of these.
Read over the notes and review carefully the example code.
Many of the topics were covered by
examining sample code rather than text notes.
There will be between 15 questions.
- Database: Chapters 24 and 28
- Database: Rows, columns, tables
- Database: Using Data and ADO controls to connect
- Database: Using ADODB to connect
- Database: What is a result set?
- Database: Data Bound Controls
- Classes: Chapter 16
- Classes: OO principles, encapsulation, data hiding, reuse
- Classes: Creating one in VB
- Classes: methods, properties
- Classes: Get, Let methods
- Classes: New, creating instances
- Classes: Controls are classes, objects when they are on the form
- Collections: Chapter 16
- Collections: Creating using new
- Collections: Using, item(), remove(), add(), count
- Collections: wrapping your own in a class
- Collections: ActiveX DLL
- ActiveX Controls: Chapter 14
- ActiveX Controls: creating
- ActiveX Controls: adding display time properties
- ActiveX Controls: Methods
- ActiveX Controls: Events, raising in control, catching in form
- OLE, MS Office: Chapter 22
- OLE, MS Office: Connecting
- OLE, MS Office: using objects from office
- Stuff: INI files, format, use
- Stuff: String parsing, split, Instr